Thursday, March 1, 2012

My New Shoe Challenge - MsVeve Style

 As most of you know, last year I participated in Shoeperwoman's Shoeper Shoe Challenge. She'll be (hopefully) hosting a new challenge again soon but in the mean time, I'm doing my own version of the challenge:
Just one of the pages of my Shoe List
 For last year's challenge, I made a list of all my shoes and as I went along, I crossed the shoes that were documented on the blog off the list via a nice green highlighter:). This time around, I'm also noting when I just wear the shoes themselves and don't photograph them (by highlighting the number belonging to the pair of shoes worn). That way, it will still be a "save" even if it's not on the blog. Afterall, I'm doing this to wear the shoes, not just to be posting it on here. However, when they are posted, they get crossed off the same way as before, in green:) It's fun looking back to what was worn with the shoes in question and having a documentation of my everyday style. It's also a good way to make myself try a little harder when I get dressed for uni (and making myself brush my hair - even for my earliest morning classes - like in the case of today). So far I've documented 6 pairs of shoes worn (including today's post) and wore 12 different pairs. Considering that I've just started (obviously, it hasn't been that long since the end of the last challenge... the 2012 challenge had started on the 17th of Feb.), I think that the progress is good and I'm less stressed out with it and feel MUCH more organized.
 Wearing: Zara Woman skirt, H&M white tank top, Zara black top, Zara tweed overcoat, Reserved flowered tights (bought on sale yesterday - love them!), Marb B for Topshop bag, Asos mustache necklace, vintage watch (from my Mum:)
Shoes: RiverIsland ankle boots bought in Dubai (2012)
The Sweet Little Details
I also want to add more info about the shoes worn in each post. Like these River Island boots - they are incredibly comfortable, have an adorable zipper on the side and have a really sweet rouched detailing at the front of the shoe. I was a bit peeved that I had paid full price for them even though they had been supposed to be on sale (and were on sale in other River Island shops - the salesgirl had made a mistake and thus I paid 3x more than I could have) but I'm still glad I have them and though being one of the newest shoes I own (my promise to stop buying shoes has - so far - actually worked! I'm just as shocked as you:), have already been worn a handfull of times. Hope you like the new shoe challenge, xox, Miss V

No comments: