Thursday, December 19, 2013

One Big Ouch

 Last night I had quite a hectic night - I did a spot of last minute Christmas shopping, then I went to the movies with my brother & his gf & a friend of theirs (who is absolutely fabulous) but I only managed about half the movie (luckily I'd seen it before, but still, I would have liked to have seen the whole thing again) cause then I had a girls' night out with my besties planned and we had a reservation at nine thirty and I wouldn't have made it if I hadn't left the cinema early. I definitely did not choose the right footwear and I have the blisters to prove it. Damn. When will these shoes be ever broken into?? It's been years since I'd bought them. Really furstrating.


Shoes saved: Doc Martens lace-up boots
Worn on: 18.12.2013
Wearing: Zara Woman winter coat, Topshop dress in coral, Pull & Bear black sweater, Topshop leather gloves, H&M bag, H&M scarf 

(I also had Christmas themed earrings on but you can't see them.)


The thing that pisses me off the most is that these shoes can be really comfy once you break them in (I've had Doc Martens before and literally wore them to death during my punk rock era). But with these specific shoes it's been taking too long. I've tried wetting them and wearing until they dry and I've heard that apparently if you take a hammer and hammer the shoes over a towel that's supposed to help (haven't tried that though). Well, I'm glad that they're saved in the challenge as I know it will be a while until I wear them again. I'm not that much of a masochist...

No comments: